An Open Letter to Someone Who Inspires Me

Day 13/40

Dear Brian and Kristin-

It's wild to think I met you only 3 years ago. I guess that's the most special thing about good people, good friends: you feel like you've known them your whole life.

When I met you I was a totally different person than I am now. I took life much too seriously. Maybe the reason people called me an old soul was because I had become senile in some ways - cold to the world, a thief of joy.

Little did I know as 20-year-old girl playing the piano in the Lion that we would have such a special connection. Now, at 24, I call you both some of my best friends.

One of my favorite things about you is your sense of humor. Things never come easy to you, but you can always find something to laugh at in every situation, even if it's each other.

You have encouraged me to follow all of my dreams. Not once have I told you something and felt like you were judging me. You push me to live and do everything I mention even once.

But you inspire me most with your humbleness. You guys never brag about LITERALLY anything. It's amazing to hear your stories and to know everything you're involved in. And somehow you think all of that is no big deal? You make time for the people you care about and they know you care about them. Your capacity for kindness is ineffable, unfathomable.

I really can't find the words to share how I really feel, but I hope you both know just how special you are to me. Hopefully, one day, I'll be as successful as you and no one will know. Isn't that the beauty of life? To have everything you want and to give it to others? To give everything away and not even miss it?

That's what I see in both of you. And I am so proud to call you my friends.

I love you!

-Bekah

Comments

Popular Posts