An Open Letter to my Living Grandparents


Day 7/40

Dear Grandma Papaw-

I first want you to know that you mean a lot to me. I am ashamed to say that I don't see you or talk to you as often as I should, but I think about you almost every day.

I am so blessed as an adult to have so many fond memories with my grandparents. From going camping to traveling all around the state of Kentucky to see all the historical sites, it was always a blast and I only have good memories.

Your encouragement and investment in my life is not lost on me. Every time I share my accomplishments and future plans with you, I am always met with applause and reassurance.  For that, I will never be able to thank you enough.

Also, as a young woman who is looking toward her future, I am blessed to see a marriage that has stood the test of time. You all aren't as lovey-dovey as my parents are, but your clear duty and devotion to each other has made an impact on me and has taught me bits and pieces about how I should treat my own husband and marriage.

I have learned so many skills from you. Fishing, sewing, embroidery, frying fish, and so many more. And every time I hear a cheesy joke, I always think of Papaw.

As a young person who loves those who are young-at-heart, you are my favorite to cherish. I am so grateful and thankful that you both took the time to answer my questions and give me advice about life. Your wisdom speaks to deeper parts of me than you know, and your words will never dim in my heart.

I am so glad you got to watch me graduate college - I was scared you wouldn't get to with all of the craziness in the world at the time. I hope you get to watch me get married and start my own family as well.

Thank you for everything.

I love you both so much. Now as I'm writing this, and now as you're reading it.

-Rebekah Kathryn

Comments

Popular Posts