An Open Letter to my Siblings

This is the newest picture I could find of us (besides Rachel's wedding)

Day 6/40

Dear Siblings,

I'm glad I was forced to finally write you a letter. Because I have such a different relationship with each of you, it is hard for me to write to all of you collectively.

I guess I'll start by saying thank God we all survived. There were many times one or more of us should have died hahahaha. We definitely knew how to take risks and have fun as kids.

I know that I was treated differently by our parents. There was a time when mom and dad didn't know if I'd be at the dinner table the next night. It seemed like I never got in trouble for anything and everyone had to tiptoe by my bedroom door. I think sometimes you all understood that, but other times you didn't know how to handle it and so you tried not to treat me any differently. 

Thank you for that. 

Thank you for always treating me like the same annoying little sister that I always was. Thank you for remembering that before anything else, I am your sister.

I love how our relationships have grown as we have gotten older. We fight less and are there for each other more. We show up to each others houses and Cody lets us borrow his truck. We celebrate each other's wins and cry together when we lose.

We are so insanely rich to have one another. I know mom always thought we would grow up to hate each other but, at least from my perspective, that couldn't be further from the truth. We are also so blessed to have the parents that we do. I know all of us recognize that more and more the older we get.

Within the next few months, I will have been in all of your weddings. I never thought I'd be the last one to be married, but I am more and more thankful for this opportunity every day. I get to watch my siblings all start their lives. I get to live vicariously through you before my life becomes too busy to make a FaceTime call. I've gotten to watch Tyler have TWO kids, who bring me so much joy every time I see their little faces.

I am so thankful to be your little sister. You are all so special to me and I hope you know how often I think of you and smile.

I love you now as I write this, and now as you're reading it.

- Bekah Boo/Boopsy/Bekah/Butthead/Thing 2

P.S. please watch the TikToks I send you. Some of them are actually funny.

Comments

Popular Posts